My breakfasts during the week are rarely planned ahead of time. I usually go with what I feel like in the morning, but it HAS to be something of substance. So, here are some of my typical breakfasts.
- 2 – Organic Free Range Brown Eggs (from Costco, 24 eggs approx $5) seasoned with salt and pepper. Sometimes I will toss random left over veggies and occasionally sprinkle some cheese on the eggs. I will prepare them as an omelet or over easy, depending on my mood.
- 1 – Oatmeal with Cinnamon & Rasins. I typically resort to the Oatmeal Complete (plain) from Trader Joe’s, it is enriched with added vitamins and minerals, but does not have added flavor or sugar. Sure, I could use plain rolled oats, but I like the consistence of the Trader Joe’s packets much better, additionally it is portioned out and easy to take with me to make at work if I need to
- Home made granola and [organic] yogurt (with minimal sugar and no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1-2 fruits with 1 homemade muffin or homemade Ezekiel bread
- 1 LARGE Green Smoothie with vegetables and fruits
Breakfast is SO important to me. If I skip this meal I am ruined for the whole day! What is your favorite breakfast?